Thursday, February 21, 2008

Have you ever been lied to?

Dear Axel:
Have you ever been lied to? I've recently been lied to and don't know how to deal with. Sincerely, Incompetent Idiot

Dear Incompetent,
Have I ever been lied to? Hmmm... let's think about that one. Um, YEAH I've been lied to. In fact, for over ten years I was under the impression that my best friend was a boy. That was a lie. My friend was a girl. Her name was really Rosa, and I'd been calling her Rudolf for all those years! Either she's a fabulous actress, or I'm stupid. (I prefer to go with the first option.) And how to deal with it: Well, first think.
Why did they lie?
Well, Rosa lied because she SAYS it was hard to have a career as a woman in seventeenth century Sweden, but I think it was because she was homeless for many years and became delusional. Either reason is pretty good.
But if it's something dumb, like, I felt like it, that's a sign that the person is a JERK.
If they have a good reason, just forgive them. Bad reason... well, be creative.
Hope that helps!
Sincerely, Axel

No comments: